Explorer Scout Young Leaders
The Scout Association’s Young Leaders’ Scheme is a unique, challenging and unforgettable opportunity to step out into leadership volunteering with Beavers, Cubs or Scouts.
The Scheme offers you an amazing chance to learn leadership skills, gain experience and confidence, and help others to learn and enjoy themselves. It is invaluable preparation for all sorts of careers and is a great boost for your CV, helping you get ahead with further and higher education applications and future employment.
Young Leaders are aged between 14 and 18 and work alongside adult leaders to ensure that young people really get the chance to shape their own Scouting adventures:
- Young Leaders are Explorer Scouts aged 14 to 18.
- You can be a Young Leader in a Beaver Scout Colony, Cub Scout Pack or Scout Troop.
- The scheme is also open to young people who are undertaking the Duke of Edinburgh’s (DofE) or Queens’s Guide award.
- As a Young Leader, you will help adult leaders to plan and run meetings and events.
- You will get to take part in training that is flexible, practical and devised to equip you with the skills you need to work well with younger people.
- You can still take part in your usual Explorer activities as well as joining a local District Young Leader Unit.